Invisalign Dentist La Jolla, CA
Invisalign® is a clear aligner orthodontic system that straightens your teeth without using metal brackets or wires. Invisalign La Jolla, CA is safe for adults and teens alike, providing you with a comfortable and discreet alternative to traditional braces.
Your smile is our mission
Your best smile is waiting
Schedule a free consultation with our licensed orthodontist in La Jolla, CA, to find out if clear aligners is right for you.
What is Invisalign?
The Invisalign aligner system uses digitally mapped trays to reposition your teeth without traditional orthodontic appliances. Instead, a series of custom-fitted aligners gently nudge your teeth into the prescribed location. Every aligner is digitally fitted to your unique smile. When you transition from one aligner to the next, your teeth move closer to their desired location.
Benefits of Wearing Invisalign Clear Aligners
Choosing Invisalign offers a tremendous advantage over conventional braces. Here are just some of the reasons why adults and teens in La Jolla request Invisalign treatment:
- Cosmetic Advantages: Because Invisalign is made from transparent materials, the aligners are practically invisible when you wear them. Adults love Invisalign because the trays don’t detract from their appearance at work or when interacting with peers. Most people will never know you’re wearing Invisalign unless you purposely stop to show them from a few inches away.
- Improved Comfort: The smooth, custom fit of Invisalign trays means less irritation to the inside of your mouth during orthodontic treatment. There are no sharp wires or bothersome brackets that rub your lips or cheeks.
- No Dietary Restrictions: You can eat whatever you want with Invisalign. Simply remove your trays during meals and enjoy all your favorite foods.
- Easy to Care For: Cleaning your teeth is easy when you wear Invisalign. Just remove your aligners to brush and floss, then clean your trays out with a toothbrush.
- Improved Oral Health: Straighter teeth are healthier teeth. Investing in Invisalign can reduce your risk of TMJ disorder, worn teeth, broken dental work, gum disease, and cavities.
Invisalign® clear aligners are a modern alternative to dental braces that are nearly invisible, easy to use, and comfortable.
What Does Invisalign Treat?
From minor gaps in teeth to significant crowding and malocclusions, Invisalign is safe for treating orthodontic irregularities like:
- Open Bites: An open bite is when some of the teeth don’t come together, even when your mouth is completely closed. Sometimes open bites occur due to issues like thumb sucking, pacifier use, or tongue thrusting.
- Crowding: Crowded teeth are more prone to issues like cavities and periodontal disease, not to mention irregular enamel wear. Wearing Invisalign can help straighten out your teeth into a proper alignment.
- Crossbites: In a healthy bite, the upper teeth usually slightly overlap the lower teeth. Crossbites occur when lower teeth overlap upper teeth in certain areas of the mouth, almost like a zipper failing to come together properly.
- Underbites: When the lower front teeth overlap the upper front teeth, it’s called an underbite. Underbites can cause TMJ pain and a higher risk of dental injuries.
- Gaps: Spaces between teeth can cause aesthetic concerns and trap food between them. Invisalign is an effective way to close gaps between teeth for a healthier-looking smile.
- Crooked or Rotated Teeth: If teeth erupt at an angle or are out of alignment, Invisalign can use special buttons to add a surface area that helps rotate teeth back into their preferred location.
The Invisalign Process: What to Expect
If you’re considering Invisalign in La Jolla, here’s what the typical treatment process will look like:
Step 1: Invisalign Consultation
When you visit Harmony Dental Group for your Invisalign consultation, we’ll complete a thorough examination of your mouth along with a series of scans, photographs, and X-rays. If you qualify for Invisalign treatment, we’ll create a care plan that lists out the timeframe, pricing, and processes involved. Financing options will also be presented.
If you decide to begin treatment, we’ll send your 3D images to Invisalign labs, where your custom aligner trays will be digitally printed and shipped back to our office.
Step 2: Straightening Your Smile
Every set of Invisalign aligners should be worn for 22+ hours a day and changed out as directed. Most people progress to the next set of trays every two weeks. With every advancement, your teeth shift closer to the desired end goal of a straighter smile.
We’ll want to check your teeth every six weeks or so to make sure your tooth movement stays on track. Then we’ll send the next few pairs of aligners home with you so that you can continue your tooth movement between visits.
Step 3: Protecting Your Results
At the end of your Invisalign treatment, we’ll fit you with clear retainers to wear that protect your smile investment. Wearing your retainers prevents orthodontic relapse to keep your teeth straight in the years ahead.
Schedule a free consultation today to find out how clear aligners can help you achieve a great smile quick and easy.
How Long Does Invisalign Treatment Take?
Depending on your unique smile, most Invisalign treatments take 12-18 months to complete. Minor cosmetic cases can take as little as six months from start to finish. Whereas more complex scenarios may require up to 24 months.
During your initial consultation, our La Jolla dentist can provide you with an estimated timeframe for your Invisalign case. Each individual is different, so it’s important to see your smile in person before providing a treatment timeframe.
By wearing your aligners as directed and changing them out as prescribed, you can ensure that your treatment stays on target. Otherwise, you could accidentally delay results and lengthen your time in aligners.
How to Care for Invisalign Trays
Plan to clean your aligners at least twice a day with a toothbrush, lukewarm water, and antibacterial hand soap. Do not use hot water, as this could warp the aligner and delay your treatment results.
Always remove your aligners during meals, and be sure to rinse out your mouth before putting them back on.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost in La Jolla?
Pricing for Invisalign treatment is dependent upon several factors, including how many aligners are required and the length of your specific treatment plan. If you have orthodontic benefits under your insurance plan, this will also reduce your out-of-pocket costs. Harmony Dental Group offers flexible monthly payments on all Invisalign treatments, making it convenient and affordable to enjoy a straighter, healthier smile.
La Jolla Invisalign Dentist
Harmony Dental Group offers adult and teen Invisalign treatments in La Jolla, CA. To find out if Invisalign is right for you or whether it fits your budget, we encourage you to reserve a no-obligation consultation with our La Jolla Invisalign dentist.
Questions Answered on This Page
- What is Invisalign?
- Benefits of Wearing Invisalign
- What Does Invisalign Treat?
- The Invisalign Process
- How Long Does Invisalign Treatment Take?
- How to Care for Invisalign Trays?
The Harmony Dental Group Experience
- Highest Level of Dental Care
- Friendly and Caring Staff
- Affordable Financing Options
- Personalized Dental Services
Frequently Asked Questions
Invisalign is a fantastic orthodontic treatment method that helps millions of people achieve their dream smile every year. To determine if you are a candidate for Invisalign, we will conduct a thorough examination and discuss your treatment with you at length. To schedule a consultation for Invisalign in La Jolla, give us a call at (858) 550-8000.
Unlike braces, you can eat whatever you like as long as you remove your Invisalign aligners before eating! Before you place the aligners back in your mouth, it’s important to brush your teeth and clean your aligners first.
As with braces, it is common to have some temporary discomfort at the beginning of each new set of Invisalign aligners. Typically, it is described as pressure or soreness, and a sign that the Invisalign trays are working and moving your teeth.
Definition of common Invisalign terminology
Clear Aligner Trays: Clear aligners are transparent trays that are worn over teeth to move into proper alignment.
Impressions: This is the first step in making a model of your teeth for creating personalized orthodontic appliances.
Orthodontics: Orthodontics is a specialty within dentistry that focuses on the diagnosis, prevention, and correction of mispositioned teeth and jaws, and misaligned bite patterns.
Hear From Our Patients
Book Your Free Consultation Today
The first step to a healthy mouth and the smile of your dreams
About our Dentistry
- CA (License #12035). View License Information
- Insurance: We work with most insurance providers including all PPO’s and Medicare
- No Insurance? No problem call (858) 550-8000 for more information
- Financing Options: We offer a wide range of dental financing options
- We serve patients from the following counties: San Diego
- We serve patients from the following cities: La Jolla, Pacific Beach, Del Mar, San Diego, University City and Clairmont
- Have Questions? Please feel free to contact us at (858) 550-8000